Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

2:30 pm

I can't believe how much time has gone by since I last wrote anything. The days go slow and weeks go fast. Time is irrelevant. The corona virus is still with us and cases are rising in 48 states, including California. Governor Newsom closed the state down on Monday. School will most likely be virtual, despite what the president and betsy de vos want. 

Since the end of June, I have been swimming laps at the gym. They closed down and now the  one thing that was keeping me happy and calm has vanished. So instead of swimming, I am walking. Today was my second day, and I walked 13 minutes. My back and hips are so painful that it's hard to stand up. Actually, it's because my core is so week. So I will keep walking and increasing my time and steps as I go. Yesterday, I walked the San Pablo Trail and could barely make it the last several yards.Today, I walked on the waterfront. I'm not inspired, except that I know that I have to get up and out every day. My goal is to walk for an hour. 

Protests are still happening in states all over the country, but the media are ignoring them. The president threatened today to send in the National Guard to restore peace. He also diverted the covid numbers from the CDC directly to the white house. 

Yesterday, I watched the president's press conference. It was so unnerving that I drank whiskey at 3:30 in the afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, August 25, 2020

Today, I had a very difficult time getting out of bed. Everything seems pointless. I don't know what to do with myself. The pandemic goe...