Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday, August 14, 2020

It is hot. 103 degrees. I already hate spending time in my apartment, and when it is hot like this, there is nowhere else to be. I sat in my car for two hours at Hahn's Park. It wasn't as shady as i thought it was going to be, but i stayed there and talked on the phone to Justine and Kate. After that, I got a bagel and cream cheese at Panera, and then went grocery shopping. 

The heat feels so different out here. I have never lived any place that was as dry as this area. People always say, "It's not the heat; it's the humidity." It's the heat. Unforgiving and relentless, it makes me miss Florida, despite the heat there. At least I was close to a beach, and could go in the ocean whenever I wanted. 

As it is, I am trapped. If I weren't, I would travel. To see Kate, to Vero Beach, and who knows where else. But that won't be happening for months and months, especially because there are so many people not wearing masks. 

The pandemic is still going on. According to Trump, we are doing so well. According to the experts, Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, it's not going all that well. Dr Fauci said he wasn't happy with the numbers. If Dr. Fauci isn't happy, I am not happy. Nearly 170,000 people are dead, and the President talks as if it is all over. 

And then there's the post office. The head of the post office is a crony of trumps, and is making massive cuts to services, so that voting by mail can be stymied. It's so diabolical. Post office boxes are disappearing, along with mail sorters. Workers are saying it's never been this bad. 

Happy news though, Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris as his VP. That will add excitement to the ticket. It's driving Trump nuts already. He pulled his racist, birther crap over the past few days, but it seems to be recognized for what it is. 

Joe Biden's speaking style isn't the most exciting, but we don't need exciting right now. When he does speak, it is a breath of fresh air, considering what we've listened to for the past four years. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, August 25, 2020

Today, I had a very difficult time getting out of bed. Everything seems pointless. I don't know what to do with myself. The pandemic goe...